Images from the web site of the National Diet Library
Welcome to the OPARG World!
Pioneer and Mitsubishi Chemical Media work together as the Optical Archive Group to build a framework for digital archiving, which are compliant with the JIS Z6017, that integrates high quality optical discs (BD-R and DVD-R), optical drives for recording, devices associated with disc verification and other related issues, in order to raise the quality and reliability of archiving with optical disc as well as raising compatibility by achieving advanced quality management for optical discs. The group also works to promote the benefits of optical disc archiving and encourage their widespread adoption by proposing solutions for long-term storage systems.
- Realizing high reliability data recording and archiving in professional optical disc field with good partnership between disc and drive manufacturers
- Offering high reliable combination of dedicated media and drives
- Stepping up a relationship with system solution providers
- Applying product certification service by official organizations and complying with international standards and Japanese Industrial Standards
- Superior professional disc strictly examined for high reliability and long-term archiving usage
- Superior professional drive composed of strictly selected parts to be able to measure the ditigal data error compliant with the JIS Z 6017
- Specific scheme to identify OPARG media and OPARG drives and to provide high reliability recordings
- Proposing solutions for long-term storage systems that are compliant with the JIS Z 6017
- Conducting tests to raise compatibility and adopting the uniform logo symbol
- Offering discs for "Business Archive" and "Professional Archive". OPARG logos and OPARG GENERAL logos are marked respectively.
- Promotional activities for optical disc archives--Lobbying various relevant organizations with a view to acquiring certification, and expanding overseas